For questions relating to our current commercial and general banking services offerings, please contact us at:
Vancity Community Investment Bank
662 King Street West, Suite 301
For general inquiries or questions regarding your prior retail account, including loans, please contact us at:
Toll-free phone: 1-888-708-7800
Telephone device for the deaf: 1-888-702-7702
Vancity Community Investment Bank
PO Box 13133, Station Terminal
Visa Card Services
Visa Card Services – Customer Service, Transaction and Balance Questions
For Prepaid Cards
To review account activity, dispute a transaction, or all other customer service inquiries, call the number on the back of your card. Different card programs have different customer service toll free number.
Sometimes you will have feedback, comments, questions, suggestions, or general inquiries about our Vancity Community Investment Bank products that you want a higher level response to.
Please provide your name, address, phone number and details of your feedback. We will get back to you within five business days of receiving your feedback.
Email Contact: email@example.com
Phone Contact: 1-866-760-1543 (press * to speak to an agent)
Attention: Director of Payment Solutions Delivery
Vancity Community Investment Bank
PO BOX 8000, Stn Terminal
Vancouver, BC V6B 4E2
For Credit Cards Only
To report your credit card lost or stolen, review account activity, dispute a transaction, or all other customer service inquiries, call Credit Card Cardholder Services at 1 800 611 8472 or if you prefer email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resolving Your Complaint
At Vancity Community Investment Bank, we take client service very seriously and have procedures in place to handle any written or verbal complaint received from clients in a fair and prompt manner. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback as it will ultimately help us improve our products and services.
We will provide you with acknowledgement that we received your complaint without delay. We endeavour to resolve your complaint as soon as practical and resolutions should take no longer than 90 days from the date the complaint was received. If a complaint cannot be resolved within 90 days, a communication will be sent to notify you of the reason for the delay along with an estimate of the time required to complete the response.
To file a complaint or to escalate a complaint that is not resolved to your satisfaction, please follow the steps outlined below:
Internal Review Steps
Step 1: Talk to the Customer Service Representative or Relationship Manager relevant to your complaint:
- Clean Energy Financing
- Real Estate Lending
- Business Banking (Deposits & Loans)
- VCIB Visa Card Services
- VCIB Foreign Exchange
Step 2: Escalate your Complaint
If you feel we did not resolve your concern to your satisfaction, please ask the Customer Service Representative or Relationship Manager that your concern is escalated to a supervisor or Manager.
Step 3: Contact our designated Senior Complaint Officer
If your complaint is still not resolved to your satisfaction after completing Step 1 and 2, please contact our designated Senior Complaint Officer in writing via email at: email@example.com. The Senior Complaints officer will only review your complaint after you have received a response from the supervisor or Manager involved in the Step 2.
The Senior Complaints Officer will provide an impartial view of your complaint and will provide VCIB’s final decision and explain how the outcome was made.
Resolution Through an External Complaint Body
The Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments (OBSI) has been appointed to undertake an independent review of complaints. You may take your complaint to the OBSI when:
1. we are unable to provide a resolution within 90 days from the time you escalated the complaint
2. within 180 days of receiving a response letter from VCIB regarding your complaintContact OBSI:
- Mail: 20 Queen Street West, Suite 2400
P.O. Box 8
Toronto, Ontario M5H 3R3
- Phone: 1-888-451-4519
- Fax: 1-888-422-2865
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.obsi.ca
Contact the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC)
The FCAC supervises federally regulated financial institutions to ensure they comply with federal consumer protection laws. If you have a complaint concerning any of the above, you may contact the FCAC at:
- Address: 6th Floor, Enterprise Building, 427 Laurier Avenue, West Ottawa, Ontario K1R 1B9
- Phone: 1-866-461-3222
- Website: www.fcac-acfc.gc.ca
You can direct any complaints, concerns or questions regarding the privacy, confidentiality and security of your personal information in writing to the Chief Privacy Office.
VCIB will acknowledge, record and investigate each privacy complaint it receives. Clients who submit a written privacy complaint to VCIB, at the address specified below, will receive a response from VCIB within a reasonable time period.
- Mail: Vancity Community Investment Bank
Corporate Privacy Office
183 Terminal Avenue
- Email: email@example.com
If the Chief Privacy Office is unable to address your concerns, you can escalate the issue to Senior Complaint Officer in writing via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
At any point in this process you may also write to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
- Toll free: 1-800-282-1376
- Fax: (819) 994-5444
- Mail: 30 Victoria Street, Gatineau, QC K1A 1H3
- Website: www.priv.gc.ca
Voluntary Codes of Conduct & Public Commitments
Vancity Community Investment Bank is committed to a number of voluntary codes of conduct and public commitments to protect consumer interests.
- Code of Conduct for the Delivery of Banking Services to Seniors
- Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry in Canada
- Model Code of Conduct for Bank Relations with Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses
- Principles of Consumer Protection for Electronic Commerce: A Canadian Framework
- Commitment on Modification or Replacement of Existing Products or Services (2012)
- Guidelines for Transfers of Registered Plans
- Fraud protection
- Canadian Bankers Association: Online Payments
Report on Implementation of the Code of Conduct for the Delivery of Banking Services to Seniors
Vancity Community Investment Bank is committed to support the intent of the Seniors Code and had prioritized resources in supporting the banking needs of seniors. Our implementation of the Code include:
- Designated our Chief Compliance Officer as the Seniors Champion to provide leadership in the implementation of the Code;
- Established our first policy on the protection of seniors’ interests as they receive our banking products and services;
- Enhanced our internal procedure to increase awareness of our front line staff in taking proactive actions to accommodate the needs of seniors and escalation of incidents of suspected financial abuse and fraud on seniors; and
- Provided front line staff with resources for delivering our products and services to seniors, including red flags on potential fraud and financial abuse and ways to mitigate potential for financial harms to seniors
In 2021, the Bank received 1 complaint which was addressed by the Senior Complaints Officer of the Bank. It took 7 business days to handle and close the case to the satisfaction of the complainant.