Our Commitment in Action: Report on Seniors Code
What is the Code?
The Code of Conduct for the Delivery of Banking Services to Seniors (“Seniors Code”) released by the Canadian Bankers Association, is a code that applies to all Canadian banks who serve at least in part, customers over the age of 60. The Seniors Code includes seven principles which outline how a bank can better serve and accommodate the needs of older Canadians as well as the actions that can be taken to do so.
Our Commitment in Action
As a member of the CBA, we are committed to the ongoing evaluation of our program to ensure the principles as set out in the Seniors Code are fulfilled.
Our program includes:
- Established policies, procedures, and processes to support the code.
- Established processes to mitigate potential financial harm to seniors.
- Established resources available to employees dealing with seniors to help them understand their banking needs.
- Established training to our employees who serve seniors.
- Established resources and coaching to support effective communication with seniors.
- Consideration of market demographics and the needs of seniors while developing products and services.
- Publicly disclose the steps taken to support the principles set out in the Code.
To learn more about our commitment to the Seniors Code, please click to view as PDF.